Saturday, December 18, 2010

Homemade gifts


Hi everyone, Welcome to Day 18 of the 25 Days of Christmas. Today's post shows you the gifts that I made for my co-workers and for the kid's pre-school. Above is the finished product for Tyler and Lily's pre-school teachers. The popcorn box was cut using my Cricut Expression and the Once a Princess cartridge. The tag was cut using the Merry Tags cartridge. The red cardstock piece was cut with my Cricut as well and for the life of me I can't remember what cartridge. The snowflakes are retired SU from my stash and the paper is from the now defunct Scenic Route. The ribbon is SU. Inside is homemade peppermint bark popcorn. So yummy and easy to make. I used my air popper to pop the corn. Try not to use microwave popcorn, it has carcinogens in it. After reading an article about it and having my sister, who is a dietician confirm it, I no longer have microwave popcorn in my house. But my airpopper makes popcorn in the same amount of time, so no loss.

You can find the recipe for the popcorn here.
Here is a bag of completed treat bags. I also enclosed a giftcard. The pics for those are at the bottom of the post.


Here are the completed gifts for my co-workers. I added cookies to their giftbags.
























They really came out nice! It felt good to make my own gifts and use my crafting supplies too!

Pin It Now!

No comments: