Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sweet Mailbox

Today's card uses this fun stamp from Stampin' Up. I think that it's retired - I can't remember the name of it, maybe someone can help me? It's stamped in rose red and I used this retired SU dp along with rose red and regal rose. I also used a pink corduroy button from last year's mini. It's a simple card but the colors are sp very pink and Valentiny.

I have so much to do lately! One of our family goals this year is to eat out less, which means saving money and eating a bit healthier. The problem is time. After commuting and working all day, picking up kids, running errands, cooking is an exhausting proposition. So I'm going to try and do some freezer meals. There are various ways of doing it- but basically the idea is prepare meals or partially prepare and freeze them. You can share the duties with someone else or a group, cook on one day or do what I am doing which is make twice as much and freeze it.

The book that I have is called Don't Panic Dinner is in the Freezer. If the meals are good then I'll buy the second book. Also, I plan on trying to make my own beans and spaghetti sauce just trying to stay away from too much sodium and processed stuff. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope that you are all having a good day. Don't forget blog candy here!



Pin It Now!

5 comments:

Noreen said...

That is a fun card.

Nikki said...

Cindy this is such an adorable card
hugs Nikki

MelissaS said...

Very cute card! I love that mailbox image :)

Good luck on your batch cooking! I love having a full freezer to choose from, even if it's just pre-prepared things like chopped onions, peppers, cooked beans, etc. My absolute favorite thing to have on hand is pizza dough. I just make a batch, divide it into two or three pieces after rising, then wrap them and stash in the freezer. You can even grate mozz and freeze that as well. It saves us from ordering greasy, fat-laden pizza from the take-out. I'll email you my fave, easy dough recipe if you want

Babe O'Mara said...

I believe that stamp set is called Wandering Words. It is retired. It also included a Santa and reindeer flying in the sky and some autumn leaves blowing in the wind. Your card is very cute.

Babe

girlia said...

love the mailbox with the hearts coming out. Great card