Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 2012 Goal Update









HI everyone, today I am sharing how I am doing on my goals for the year. First up is project life. I am very happy to say that I am on track! I started the month slightly behind but was able to catch up this week. There were some real milestones this past month, Tyler lost his first tooth, my mom went and had luch with Tyler at his school and my cousin had her first baby, a litte boy named Zachary. I haven't done my layout for this week yet -- I will be sure to include the glass pan exploding in my oven!
I read 2 books this month! Woo hoo for me. The first is Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich. I think that I must be over Stephanie Plum because this book just seemed to drag. I think that Evanovich needs to wrap up Stephanie Plum and call it a day because all of these books seem excactly alike. She needs to just marry Joe and settle down to being a Burg wife because I don't think that I can read another one - - even though I am trying because I already had the next one on my Kindle and I don't want it to go to waste.
Now, this other book is from an author that I like very much. She usually writes Romantic suspense and Cry No More is a great book by her and a tiny bit of a tearjerker. This one was also on my Kindle so I decided to go for it. It's very different, the main characters are dark and from the outset very unlikable. There is a paranormal/afterlife sequence which is really not my bag but I actually thoroughly enjoyed the book. I felt the story was not your usual rehashed plot and the characters were redeemed. I will warn you that the first part of the book has a VERY sexy love scene which some people might not like so just a warning there if you decide you want to try it.
Eating out...I have had a lot of success with this one. I had lunch out with my sister (crepes, yum) and we broke down and got takeout one day but that's it! We've eaten at home the rest of the time. I won't lie, it was so hard! We did have to buy more groceries, but overall, I think that it was a savings of roughly $300. I did spent some of the money splurging on some designer clothes (Does anyone else love Anthropologie?) -- but no worries, I bought them on Ebay!
Using my stash -- super proud of myself on this one and it has just been really difficult restraining myself. I did buy some scor-tape but for the most part, I have hardly spent anything on crafting.
I am wondering how you are all doing? Remember if you fall off the wagon, the beginning of the month is always a good time to get back on! Have a great March!

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

girlia said...

Great LO's

Anonymous said...

Really appreciate you sharing your Project Life pages...inspiring! I haven't done anything with those, but have managed to save some cute little notes my kids have written me because I know I will look back on them some day and laugh. It was so easy to slip them into a pocket and "deal with it later".
This is so motivating for me in that you are sharing your progress in goal keeping. I've been walking still and there is room for improvement. I am also doing yoga and it is so helpful for my back.
I have hardly spent anything on crafty supplies (YAH!) and am keeping to my stash. My next goal is to start organizing my recipes that I have pulled from the internet or magazines. I made a cute binder with separate sections. Now I just need to sort them..ugh!

Annelies said...

Wow Cindy, what a fantastic project! This will be a great memory. Might try this myself (when I have more time than now). Greetings from Belgium, Annelies