Sunday, August 19, 2012

Banana Bread for snacktime

Hi everyone, Welcome to Sunday Shareday! Today, I am sharing a very yummy and super easy banana bread recipe. My son calls it "cake bread."

The recipe is adapted from the Martha Stewart Baking Handbook. This is an awesome cookbook! I just wish that I had more time!

Recipe:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
2 cups sugar
1 1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tb vanilla extract
about 3 medium ripe mashed bananas
1 cup nuts - optional
1/2 cup milk
non-stick cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 350. Coat 2 9x5 inch loaf pans with the spray. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, set aside.

(I use my Kitchen aid with the paddle attach. In a bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil until combined. Beat in flour mixture. Add vanilla, banana, nuts if using, milk and beat til just combined.

Divide batter evenly between two pans. Bake, rotate pans halfway through until toothpick comes out clean, 60-65 minutes. Tranfer to wire rack and cool 10 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and let cool completely.

I will just say that when I make this, I add nuts but my stepdaughter made the last batch and she doesn't like nuts so she left them out and honestly, my little ones liked it better without nuts. We were going to freeze the second loaf but it all got eaten up, very quickly!!! The original recipe called for buttermilk and coconut. Only my husband likes the coconut and I didn't have any buttermilk so I just used what I had (2%) milk and it was still great.


I also forgot to mention that I was in the top 5 last week on the Fantabulous Cricut blog for my Paper Pups card.
Fantabulous Cricut
 
Don't forget I have a giveaway here.
Pin It Now!

1 comment: